It’s interesting and inspiring to read about other peoples journeys, especially in a pursuit you may be interested in yourself…..in this case learning to play guitar. So why DO people learn guitar?…
Maggie is in High School. She began guitar lessons with me 3 years ago face to face and has come on a very inspiring journey. Over lockdown Maggie switched to guitar lessons online, these were so effective for her that she has continued with our weekly sessions on Skype. Starting lessons knowing very little she began by learning chords and as time went on she descovered a passion for singing and playing. Maggie now has a list of songs completed including Yellow by Coldplay, Riptide by Vance Joy, Stitches by Shawn Mendes. She performed live at a talent competition earlier this year and also plays in church. She has written 2 of her own songs. Well done Maggie! Here’s what she has to say….
1) How long have you been playing the guitar? I have been learning to play the guitar for about 3 years
2) Why did you begin guitar lessons?
I decided to have guitar lessons as I wanted to learn an instrument
3) What do you enjoy most about lessons and playing the guitar? I enjoy learning with Jo as she is very patient and plays her guitar to me to help me understand if I am struggling which really helps. I also love to play songs I have learnt to my family and friends so they can see how much progress I have made.
4) What do you find most challenging about the lessons and playing guitar?
Sometimes when I find it hard to learn a new song Jo breaks it down for me until I am able to grasp it.
5) Do you have any advice for people who may be thinking about having lessons and playing guitar? Even when you may find something a bit difficult dont give up as it will be worth it in the end and you will be very proud of yourself for carrying on.
It’s exciting for me as a teacher when students get engaged and find their own feet in playing guitar.
Good luck Maggie! X
Any questions or feedback get in touch or leave a comment below.